Loading map...
Sorry, maps are currently unavailable
Show map Hide map
Ratings & Reviews
Write a review
Have you used this business? Tell others about it with a Yellow Pages® review!
  1. About Us

  2. Products and Services

  3. Additional Locations

  4. FAQs

About Us

About H&R Block

  • Experience and Expertise
  • Upfront Guaranteed Pricing
  • Service From A Tax Professional
  • Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Year-round Support
H&R Block are the experts, specialising in Tax Returns, Shares & Investment Tax, Small Business Tax, Online Tax & Tax Preparation
The Tax Accountants at H&R Block prepare approximately 600 000 returns annually, making H&R Block the leading tax preparation company in Australia. It has over with 400 offices across the country & also provides a highly regarded income tax course, designed to not only train potential H&R Block employees, but also employees of some of the top financial & accounting institutions in the country

When It Comes To Tax, H&R Block Are The Experts

Our services include:

- Salary & Wage Returns

- Capital Gains

- Shares & Investments

- Negative Gearing

- Rental Property Returns

- Multiple Year Tax Returns

- Fee from Refund Service

  • Assistance with tax office problems including audit assistance and other enquiries.
  • Assistance with questions about the tax consequences of negative gearing or any other tax questions you have.

Whilst we specialise in preparing tax returns for individuals we are also able to help anyone with business or partnership tax returns. In fact our experience covers the whole realm of tax preparation and associated accounting functions.

Payment Methods

89 064 268 800
064 268 800
Also trades as
H&R Block Tax Accountants
Also listed under
Tax Agents, Tax Return Agent

Products and Services


Capital Gains Advice, Electronic Filing, Electronic Taxation Lodgment, Negative Gearing Advice, Rental Property Advice, Tax Assessments, Taxation

Accountant Type

Family Accountant, Personal Accountant




BAS Preparations, GST Services, Late Returns, Small Business

Service Option

After Hours Service, By Appointment, Drop Off, Free Quotes

Payment Concern

Pay As You Go, Senior Discounts


Registered Tax Agents

Hours of Operation

Open Evenings, Open Late, Open Monday - Friday, Open Saturdays


Tax return, Accountant, Tax 2013, H and R Block, 2012 tax returns, Tax claim, Chartered accountants, H&R Block, Tax Consultants, Accountants, Late tax return, Maximum refund, Tax deductions, H & R Block, Tax refund, Ato tax accountant, Tax 2012, Tax back, Taxation, Income tax return, Www ato gov au, Australian tax office, H&R Block tax accountants, Accounting Firms, Etax, Rental tax, Capital gains tax, Tax accountant, Accountants & tax agents, Tax return Australia, Tax tips, Tax help, Taxation, Australian taxation office, Tax return calculators, Tax, Complex tax, Tax agent, Multi year tax returns

Additional Locations

Showing 440 locations in 8 states


  • Do I have to declare income from Centrelink (Newstart, Austudy) on my tax return?

    All income must be declared. This is because the Tax Office needs to determine what tax rate applies to your other earnings for the year. Centrelink will provide you an income summary at the end of the year

  • I have just moved permanently to Australia. Do I have to pay tax on the money that I have brought with me?

    You will only have to pay tax on any earnings that you make from the time that you moved to Australia. If the money that you brought with you earns interest in a bank account you will have to pay tax on the interest

  • Do I need to declare my overseas pension?

    In most cases overseas pensions are taxable and, if you are an Australian resident, you will need to include the amount in your tax return. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Please call H&R Block on 13 23 25 if you are not sure.

  • I have shares and received franked dividends this year but have no other income. Do I have to lodge a tax return to get the franking credits refunded to me?

    You do not have to lodge a full tax return. You can complete the Refund of Franking Credits for Individuals form which can be lodged by telephone or mailed to the ATO.

  • My bank interest is only $10. Does this amount have to be declared?

    You must declare all interest from all sources no matter how small the amount is

  • I have inherited some money. Is it taxable?

    The inheritance is not taxable unless you are advised by the executor that a part is taxable. However, if you invest the income from the estate then any earnings will be taxable.

  • I have just received a letter from the Tax Office saying that I did not declare some interest from my bank account. What should I do?

    If you believe this is incorrect you should contact your bank to verify the income details for your accounts. The bank should notify the ATO in writing if this information is not correct. You have 28 days to correct this information. However, if you have omitted the income, you will not need to contact the ATO. They will amend your return and send you a new assessment requesting payment of the additional tax, a general interest charge and, in some cases, penalties

  • I will be going to Europe for six months and intend to work while I am away. Will I have to pay tax in Australia on the money that I earn overseas?

    The income will be taxable unless you have worked overseas continuously for more than 90 days and are working on a specific Australian government project or deployed overseas as a member of an Australian government agency. In these cases the income will be tax exempt. If your overseas income is not exempt, you will need to declare the income on your Australian tax return and may be entitled to a foreign income tax offset for any foreign tax that you paid on that income.

  • What is the difference between resident and non-resident tax rates?

    Non-residents pay tax on Australian source income. They pay tax on every dollar of taxable income as declared on their tax return but do not pay Medicare

  • I have started a second job. Is there anything that I need to do so that I don’t end up with a tax bill at the end of the year?

    You cannot claim the tax free threshold of $6,000 (for the 2012 income year) from more than one employer at a time. It is better to claim it from your main employer. You will pay a little higher rate of tax on the second job but this should ensure that you have paid enough tax on all of your wages for the year.