Linking to us - Terms and conditions
Fair use statement
Terms and conditions
This site and the data contained in it are supplied solely for informational use on the following terms and conditions:
- Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review, as would be permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced or re-used for any purpose whatsoever without the written permission of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- Users must not, whether through the use of additional software or by any other means, data mine or conduct automated searches on this site or the data contained in it.
- However, users may download individual listings for their own private use in the course of the normal use of this site for directory assistance purposes.
- All rights to the digital map data presented on this site are held by Sensis Pty Ltd and its licensors.
- You may not reuse, export, transmit, duplicate, or publish the map data in any way (whether electronic or on paper) without the permission of Sensis.
Additional terms and conditions apply in relation to rating and reviewing a business and to using the Send to Mobile feature. Refer to:
This web site contains advertisements and information provided by third parties. There may be technical inaccuracies, typographical or other errors, programming bugs or computer viruses in this web site or its contents.
Sensis Pty Ltd and it's contractors make no representations about the accuracy or suitability of the information or links provided on this web site. The information is provided 'as is', without express or implied warranty. You use the information and links at your own risk. Sensis takes no responsibility for the content of Internet sites that link from yellow.com.au. Except as set out below, Sensis and it's contractors exclude all:
- warranties whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, relating in any way to this web site or your use of this web site; and
- liability (including for negligence) to you or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including special, indirect or consequential loss
- or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data) arising from or in connection with any use of the information
- on or access through this web site for any reason whatsoever (including negligence).
Where any statute implies any term into your use of or any arrangement arising out of the accessing of this web site and that statute prohibits exclusion of that term, then that term is included. If and to the extent permitted by the statute, however, Sensis and it's contractors' liability for any breach of such term is limited to the resupply of services.
Links to a third party site are provided for your convenience only. Sensis and it's contractors are not responsible for and make no representations concerning the condition and content of, or products offered at the third party site. The link does not indicate, expressly or impliedly, that Sensis or it's contractors endorse the site or the products or services offered there. You access the site and use any products or services at your own risk.
Yellow™, Yellow Pages®, Yellow Pages Walking Fingers® logo and Let Your Fingers Do The Walking®, White Pages®, Whereis®, the Whereis logos, Sensis® and it's logo are trademarks of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912).
White Pages® is a registered trade mark of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912)
Sensis® and the Sensis logo are registered trade marks of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912).
Universal Business Directories™, UBD® and UBD logo are a trade mark and registered trade marks of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912).
Whereis® and the Whereis logos are registered trade marks of Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 30 007 423 912).
Citysearch® and the Citysearch logo are registered trade marks of CitySearch Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 48 076 673 857).
For our privacy terms please click here.
WhereIs Map Service
The Whereis® maps displayed on this web site have been generated from the Whereis® map server.
This website incorporates data which is © Commonwealth of Australia (Geoscience Australia) 2005
For more information regarding the Whereis® mapping data source, quality, accuracy and the terms and conditions of use of the Whereis® maps, see the Whereis® Legal Disclaimer.
The Yellow Pages® website is © Copyright Sensis Pty Ltd 2014
Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews is available on the Yellow Pages® online site (Site) and other sites and applications as determined by Sensis Pty Ltd (Us or We), from time to time.
Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews allows Site users (You or Your) to read ratings and reviews in relation to businesses listed on the Site and post feedback, comments, responses, questions or other content (Posts).
If You wish to participate in Posts You must first register and log on in accordance with the process set out on the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any details You use to log on to the Site.
Changes to Terms
These Terms may change over time. It is important that You regularly check for updates. Do not use Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews unless You agree to be bound by these Terms, and any changes.
Use of Your Information
We may use contact details You provide to Us for the purpose of notifying You about the features of Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews, the Site and for marketing purposes. Sensis may collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Sensis Privacy Statement.
Use of Yellow Pages® Ratings & Reviews
Responsibility for Content
If You decide to create Posts for inclusion in Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews, You do so at Your own risk. Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews is provided ‘as is’, we are under no obligation to monitor Posts, and we are not responsible for any use of Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews or Posts You or any other third party wish to make available. The views and opinions expressed in Posts contributed by third parties are not representations made by Us, nor do We endorse or necessarily share the views or opinions expressed. We make no representations about the accuracy or suitability of Posts. You are encouraged to make Your own enquiries and seek Your own independent advice before relying on Posts or any other associated third party content.
Except for any terms implied by law (that cannot be excluded) and Your rights under statutory guarantees provided under consumer protection laws, We exclude all liability (including for negligence) to You or anyone else in respect to any loss or damage (including special, indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews. To the extent permitted by statute (and where it is fair and reasonable to do so in respect of a statutory guarantee) Sensis and it's contractors' liability for any breach of such term is limited to resupplying the services.
You are liable to Us and agree to indemnify Us against all claims, demands, damages, costs, penalties and liabilities caused directly or indirectly by Your acts or omissions or Your breach of these Terms.
You warrant that Your Posts:
- Are not false and are factually correct;
- are based on reasonable grounds and honestly reflect Your actual and genuine opinion and experience;
- are not illegal or unlawful or will cause a breach of a law or any code of conduct;
- do not include pornographic, sexually explicit, violent, threatening or obscene content;
- do not contain any information that will personally identify any third party unless You have obtained that person’s consent;
- do not refer to persons under the age of 18;
- do not include any inappropriate language including racist, hateful, discriminatory, or language that vilifies any person;
- do not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, that you have the right to grant the licence in clause 3 below and that We will not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any other person by using the licence in clause 3 below;
- do not infringe the moral rights of any third parties and that You have obtained any necessary moral rights consents from authors of work You submit as part of Your Posts;
- are not defamatory or malicious or promote, incite or instruct matters of crime;
- will not transmit any malware, viruses or harmful computer code;
- do not constitute a commercial solicitation to users of Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews or Yellow Pages® advertisers to buy goods or services;
- do not refer to businesses which are not listed on the Yellow Pages® site or otherwise refer to any other web sites or applications, including social media sites; and
- have not been created in exchange for any form of benefit or payment from a third party.
- We are under no obligation to publish Posts on Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews and may remove or edit Posts in our absolute discretion;
- except where We are legally required to do so, We are under no obligation to monitor, remove or modify Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews content and, in that regard, at all times we shall remain neutral; and
- We may, at our discretion, terminate Your access to Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews for any reason, including if We believe You have breached these Terms.
You retain ownership of intellectual property rights in Posts that You submit, post, transmit or make available on Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews.
You grant to Us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or communicate to the public Your Posts. The licence You grant Us is not limited to use in connection with Yellow Pages® Ratings and Reviews and its syndication to other channels. We may use Your Posts for any purpose of our business, including marketing, and We have the right to sub-license these rights.
This licence will survive the termination of this agreement between You and Us for any reason.
You unconditionally and irrevocably waive any moral rights you may have in respect of Your Posts, including any rights of integrity and attribution for authorship and not to have authorship falsely attributed.
These terms (and Your dealings with Us) are subject to the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Updated 31 January 2013
The Yellow Pages® "Send to mobile" service and the Application Version ("the Service") is operated by Sensis Pty Ltd (ABN 33 051 775 556) ("us" or "we"). Each time you use the Service you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and you should only use the Service if you agree to these terms. We may change these terms at any time and will tell you about any changes in these terms. You should check these terms each time you use the Service.
Accessing the Service
To access and use the Service, you must:
- be the owner of the mobile handset or account from which the Service is accessed, or have the consent of the owner to access the Service from that handset or account; and
- be the owner of the mobile phone number to which the Service is used to send a message, or have the consent of the owner to send a message to that number.
The Service is provided free by Sensis but your standard network charges will apply when accessing Yellow Pages® Mobile or Yellow Pages® Online.
We may add to, remove or vary any information provided via the Service at any time.
You must not and must not attempt to or permit another person to:
Use the Service to data mine or conduct automated searches of the Yellow Pages® Mobile site and any data contained in it, or the Yellow Pages® Directory listings;
Use the Service or the information or content disclosed to you via the Service:
- in any way which is unlawful, offensive or results, or could result, in damage to property or injury to any person, including by harassing or threatening people; or
- in a way which infringes our or any other person's rights (including intellectual property rights and moral rights); or
Knowingly transmit any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other disabling feature to or via the Service.
- Unless otherwise indicated, we own, or use under licence, copyright in the content made available via the Service and design of the Service, including the Yellow Pages® Directory listings. Except as set out in these terms, or as permitted by law, you must not reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Service or the content made available via the Service, including for commercial purposes or for commercial gain.
- All trademarks, logos, images, product and company names referred to or made available via the Service are the property of their respective owners.
- You are liable to us and our related bodies corporate if you breach these terms or act negligently or fraudulently under the principles applied by the courts.
- You agree to indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents, against all claims, demands, damages, costs, penalties and liabilities caused by your breach of these terms.
The terms that apply to your use of the Service are these terms and subject to your non-excludable rights under consumer protection laws.
We take due care and skill in providing the Service and subject to your rights under law which cannot be excluded:
- we do not warrant or represent that the Service or your systems (including the internet and your device and its related software and downloading the Application Version) is complete, accurate, current or free from errors or omissions, programming bugs or viruses or secure or have full functionality;
- the availability of the Service may be subject to numerous factors, including routine maintenance and factors outside our control (such as malfunction in equipment or software, Internet access difficulties, or delay or failure of transmission). Accordingly, we do not warrant or represent that the availability of the Service will be continuous or uninterrupted, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Service or server that makes it available are free of viruses.
- we do not warrant that the Service will meet all of your requirements or expectations;
We accept liability to you for reasonably foreseeable loss or damage caused by a breach of any statutory guarantee or other rights under consumer protection laws that cannot be excluded and for loss or damage that was caused by our breach of contract or negligence under the principles applied by the courts, but we are not liable for:
- loss or damage that was not reasonably foreseeable;
- loss or damage that was not caused by our breach of statutory guarantee, contract or by our negligence;
- loss or damage that was caused by your breach of contract or your negligence;
- business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions); and
- loss or damage caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as a malfunction in equipment or software, Internet access difficulties or delay or failure of transmission).
You must take reasonable steps to minimise the extent of any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of the provision of the App or services on the App.
Suspension or termination
We may suspend, terminate or limit your access to the Service at any time if:
- You are in material breach of these terms;
- The law requires us to do so;
- If it is necessary for maintenance or repair of relevant equipment or systems; or
- If there are other reasonable grounds for us to do so.
These terms are subject to the laws of Victoria. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
We welcome links to this website in accordance with the following terms:
You must not link to this website in any way to represent or imply falsely, deceptively or confusingly that:
- we sponsor, endorse or are associated with or related to you or any third party or product; or
- you provide, or are the source of, any goods or services provided by us;
You must not:
- frame, mirror or distort a page of this website; or
- alter or distort any registered or unregistered trade marks, logos or names owned by us.
Your site, and any material on it, must conform to accepted standards of public decency and good taste. It must not expose us to any risk of liability under any criminal or civil law, or liability arising from the infringement of a third party's rights. Neither you nor the material on your website may disparage us or our goods or services.
Other than the ability to link to this website in accordance with these terms, you do not gain any right, title or interest in any registered or unregistered trade marks, logos, domain names, or any other material appearing on this website (including any copyright works) belonging to us.
The contents of this site may change from time to time. We make no representations that the material to which you choose to link on this site, including Yellow™ video will continue to be available, or will remain unchanged.
You must comply with any request by us to remove or alter a link to this website from your site.
Fair use statement
All Sensis websites are intended for personal and non-commercial use only. All content included in Sensis websites, (including but not limited to text, information, designs, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, interfaces, codes, audio clips, video clips, software and links to external websites (the "Content"), is provided for informational purposes only.
The Content may only be used and reproduced for personal and non-commercial use.
The following are examples of unacceptable use:
- Framing of Content
- Scraping of Content
- Data-mining of Content
- Extraction of Content
- Re-distribution of Content
- Mirroring of material
- Using the websites in any way which would interfere with their operation for other parties.
Sensis reserves the right to deny, terminate, or suspend your access to our websites without notice for any reason.